Covid 19 Enhanced Office Cleaning
ENHANCED OFFICE CLEANING find below the cleaning requirements, we will expect our cleaners to adhere to:
Information for Commercial cleaning premises – personnel are advised to stay at home and self-isolate if they or anyone in their household has any symptoms of Covid-19. We should not therefore have any people attending your work place/ office who have Covid-19.
Why Choose Us
Products and Usability
Research conducted on other coronaviruses indicates that a number of widely available disinfectant products are effective against COVID-19.
We recommend Selgine Extream Surface Cleanser, which kills 99.9% of germs.
A full list of disinfectant products shown to be effective against coronaviruses can be found here:
High Touch Surfaces
Clean surfaces with warm soapy water, paying extra attention to ‘high-touch’ surfaces and using a product that kills 99.9% of germs at the end of each day. These include
A two-step process should be used for non- electrical surfaces, consisting of cleaning followed by disinfection. Cleaning with soap and water removes germs from the surfaces, while disinfection reduces the risk of infection by killing remaining germs. To clean hard surfaces, use warm soapy water and a clean microfiber cloth to wipe down the area. Be careful when cleaning light switches telephones, keyboards. Use as little moisture as possible by applying a small quantity of product to a cloth and using this to clean these surfaces. Start cleaning the high surfaces, e.g. cupboard door handles, working your way down and out of each room, to avoid contaminating areas that you have already cleaned. Leave a bathroom until last, as this is where you will clean yourself and your tools at the end of the clean.
The disinfectant can be sprayed directly to the surface, wiped over with a clean, damp cloth and left to dry. Some disinfectants require rinsing, or are most effective when left on the surface for a few minutes before wiping. Always check the label to ensure you are using products as recommended, to maximise effectiveness.
- Clean soft furnishings once per week. Avoid shaking soft furnishings (mats, rugs cushions etc). These items can carry germs, and shaking them can contaminate areas you have already cleaned. Vacuum these items with the soft brush attachment.
- Vacuum all floors- These must be vacuumed at least once per week. Before cleaning the floors, any visible dirt and debris should be vacuumed. Ensure that floors are cleaned right to the edges and into the corners.
- Mop hard floors, using warm water and a regular floor cleaning product. These must be cleaned at the end of each day.
- Mop in a figure of 8 motion and work your way out of the room, to avoid contaminating previously cleaned areas of the floor.
- Rinse or machine-wash your mop head and cloths at a high temperature Machine-washable equipment including cloths and mop heads should now be cleaned at a high temperature (ideally 60C or above). Check the labels carefully and wash items at the highest recommended temperature. Hand rinse your mop head if it is not machine washable. TWC Cleaning Contractors Ltd will comply with the requirements for cleaning the office as identified above and that they, and their personnel carrying out the roles within offices will comply with the government guidance detailed below. Companies should inform the cleaning contractor as soon as they become aware of an individual who is a confirmed Covid–19 case having been within an office so that they can arrange for the offices to be cleaned as soon as possible.